11.12.08

Guests in the ferry...




Today is the last day of eid-al-adha, or with Turkish saying: Kurban Bayrami... I have visited my granparents, saw my old uncle that I havent seen for many years... Ate a lot of meat. My aunt, Makbule, has prepared a very nice meat with rice and ayran (a drink made with yoghurt and water)... But my cousin is crazy. He recorded a video of the cow before it was butchered. Then just as we were eating it, he started showing the video. Everybody was looking at each other trying to get rid of him, but even this didnt stop us finishing the delicious cow:))

Half of Turkey is on holiday but we journalist- or so called slaves- work... Because some people in some parts of the country should sit down in their breakfasts and read their papers. But, I travel the world when they are working so no need to complain a lot...
Every morning I take the ferry from Kadikoy to Besiktas to come to work. I buy cookies (acma) and coffee. Nowadays the weather is freezing but with sun. So I tend to sit outside to feel the breeze on my face. This morning I had guests... Some small birds were trying to eat their breakfast, pieces dropping on the floor from my cookies... I know it is not a great picture but with my Ericsson mobile that is the best I can get (Swedish mobile is chosen deliberately!!)

I dont like winter, depressing, cold... but in Istanbul every season is worth to live... and the life is much more worth to take the best...
Have a nice day to all..

Hiç yorum yok: